Weight Loss Sheffield
How Can Hypnotherapy Help You Lose Weight?
- Have you tried countless fad diets?
- Do you have an expensive gym membership that you never use?
- Are you tired of restricting your calories and not seeing results?
Hypnotherapy may be a more effective and efficient way to achieve weight loss than dieting techniques and exercise alone.
Focused Hypnosis offers weight loss hypnotherapy services in Sheffield, which will help you take control of your weight loss journey and make healthier, long-lasting life choices. We work with you to help you understand your body and change your relationship with food and exercise.
Our Sheffield weight loss services helps you to address the underlying psychological or emotional reasons behind your binge eating, unbalanced diet, lack of exercise and help you think more positively about weight loss.
How Does Weight Loss Hypnotherapy Work?
Weight loss hypnotherapy is a complementary therapy which can run alongside pretty much any kind of therapy or medication. The process uses hypnosis to help you to focus more intently on your goals and how to achieve them. This shift in focus can help you change your behaviour and choices.
Many people who use hypnotherapy for weight loss find that they eat more healthily, they eat a smaller amount of food at a meal, they snack less and enjoy their food more.
At Focused Hypnosis, we model the process on what naturally slim people do. In this way you aren't "trying to lose weight" but instead you are being healthier and making better choices and feeling good about that. With this shift in focus, attitude and behaviour a by product is that most people notice a decrease in their weight.
You are able to tap into the naturally occuring and powerful mental state of hypnosis with the help of a qualified weight loss hypnotherapist, who will teach you tried and tested techniques which could help you to:
- Relax deeply
- Focus on your goals intently
- Recognise that achieving goals is more fulfilling than eating unnecessary food
Once you are in trance / hypnosis you become more susceptible to suggestion. The suggestions your hypnotherapist gives you will be the very goals you defined in the initial consultation. In this way we are helping you to achieve your specific goals rather than us trying to make you be how we want you to be.
For more information on hypnosis, please visit our fantastic article to clarify more on does hypnotherapy work.
What to Expect from a Hypnotherapy Weight Loss Session?
At Focused Hypnosis, your first session will begin with your hypnotherapist finding out about you and your goals for the future. This initial consultation focuses mainly on the present and the future rather than the past. We won't be asking you what your school days were like or what your relationship with your parent/s or carer giver was like when you were a child!
There will be a few questions about your relationship with food and where you think the problems lie and what you would like to do to tackle these issues. The initial consultation is also a chance for you to get to know your hypnotherapist and see if you get a good vibe from them. This is important and it definitely contributes to your potential success. This consultation (and first hypnosis session) are covered by a money back guarantee.
In subsequent sessions the hypnotherapist will
- help you to become deeply relaxed and focused and in a state of trance
- Give you suggestions for change based on your gals
- Help you goal set so you have a clear focal point in the future that you are aspiring to
- Tackle negative self talk
- Increase confidence
- Learn from past unhelpful behaviour.
Get in touch
Read the reviews
All this I'd say is testament to Richards fantastic work which has helped find more of 'me'. I now say 'I can'!!. Thanks Rich.
I'm recommending you to everyone I know! :-Dread more
Why are you Overweight?
We should always eat to satisfy hunger, but many of us turn to unhealthy food for comfort, stress relief, or to reward ourselves. So, you might reach for a tub of ice cream when you’re feeling upset or order a takeaway when you’re feeling stressed.
Initially, comfort eating makes you feel better because it masks your emotional distress and can be a great short term distraction. Eventually, it will make you feel even worse because the original emotions still remain, and you also feel guilty about binge eating.
Not Enough Activity
We all feel unmotivated sometimes. It's normal. However, if you consistently fail to be active there is an increased chance of weight gain. To reduce the likelihood of the excess food eaten being turned into fat and then stored on the body it is important to be active. Hypnotherapy could help you do that.
Weight gain can happen gradually over time if you have an unbalanced diet. Junk food, sweets and alcohol are fine in moderation, but they are high in fat and sugar. So, if you consume them repeatedly and in excess, you will gain weight, which will have a negative impact on your physical and mental health.
Sometimes, dieting programmes (or rather starvation diets) like Alevere can be really risky. Even approaches like Weight Watchers or Slimming World can be part of a yo-yo dieting cycle, where you quickly lose weight and then unintentionally regain it because you cannot sustain such an intense weight loss plan.
Benefits of Losing Weight Through Hypnosis
- Weight loss hypnotherapy offers you the tools to control your weight loss journey, physical health, and mental wellbeing.
- Hypnotherapy is relaxing, which can positively impact your physical health, as it lowers blood pressure and slows the heart rate.
- Unlike many other forms of psychological treatment, hypnotherapy is self-led, so you control the methods that your therapist will use and can bring yourself out of the hypnotic state any time you want to.
- At Focused Hypnosis, you are not restricted by calorie counting, group-weigh ins, or strict diets.
- Weight loss hypnotherapy is gradual and achievable.
- Hypnotherapy weight loss will help you gain confidence and treat the psychological causes behind your unhealthy lifestyle choices, ensuring that the bad habits are less like to re-emerge later in life.
- Hypnotherapy is all-natural and has little side-effects or complications.
- Hypnotherapy teaches you self-sufficient weight loss methods that can be practised and have effects that last for the rest of your life.
- Hypnotherapy is cost-effective and one of the cheaper options of psychological treatment. Would you like to find out more about how much is hypnotherapy?
Weight Loss Sheffield Testimonial
At Focused Hypnosis, we spoke to one of our patients to find out about her weight loss hypnotherapy experience. Carole admitted that she had tried “slimming clubs, acupuncture, and slimming tablets” in the past, but she still struggled to “lose weight and stop being addicted to overeating sweet things and chocolate.”
However, Focused Hypnosis helped Carole discover that she “had quite a few emotional problems” which were causing her binge eating. Carole explained that she “found being hypnotised very relaxing and enjoyable” and that hypnotherapy has equipped her with “a calming technique” that she can use when she’s stressed. Focused Hypnosis, Carole said, “could work for anybody really. You’ve just got to believe that it will work, and it will do”. To watch the testimony in full, click here.